With all the countless hours of Facebook stalking behind us, we all know the feeling of disappointment when Facebook gets things wrong. This feeling of deception is definitely a first world problem and best described as a #facebookproblem. We have decided to compile a list of our favorite #facebookproblems that seem to plaque their millions of users on a daily basis.
1. Finding out you’re newly single over your significant other’s recently changed relationship status…ouch.
2. One word. Timeline.
3. Having songs like “Baby got back” and “I want it that way” appearing on your timeline via Spotify.
4. The seen check on Facebook chat circa the R on BBM. Leave a bit of mystery Zuckerberg.
5. Getting annoyed when you see people using your native language incorrectly.That picture may scream “C’est la vie”, but you are not French and therefore that’s not your life.
6. Normal pictures looking dull and boring after the Instagram takeover.”You definitely look WAY better in Lo-Fi, sorry.”
7. The overwhelming number of photos of your friends travelling and having fun appearing on your timeline, while you are bored at work.The purest form of torture.
8. Feeling bombarded by your friends emotional issues. The “Whats on your mind?” was not meant to be taken this seriously. We are your “friends”, not psychiatrists.
Sidenote, this also applies to using and abusing your status to tell people how great you are. Glad you worked out, tell me about how skinny you are on Twitter.
9. Wanting to repeat that perfect outfit, but wondering if someone might recognize it from previous albums or tagged photos.
10. Having a rough night and then having to relive it the next morning through uploaded photos. Was once not enough?
11. The world being able to see how many times you are pinning to your “YUM” board. No you are not fat, just hungry.
12. Having to ask friends to take down embarrassing/unflattering pictures. Its not like they thought you looked good in them in the first place.
13. Reading an article like “Olympic Booty Appreciation” or “Men Allegedly Wounded by ‘two booty-call ninjas”( yes, these are real articles), and having it appear on your newsfeed.Booty Fetish? Somethings should just remain in the privacy of your own home.
14. While on your smartphone accidentally liking someones picture who you are not really friends with. Damn you touch screen sensitivity,damn you.
15. That stalker moment when you meet someone for the first time and weirdly know their last name. “I’ve definitely seen you somewhere, you look SO familiar.” By somewhere we mean your profile, and by familiar we mean the 1,000 tagged photos of you we skimmed through the other day.
16. The choice when accepting friends are “Accept” or “Not now”. If you do not know the person why would you wait to reject them. Just get the pain over with quickly. Its like pulling a band-aid off slowly, such a tease.
17. Excessive selfies. People are laughing at you, not with you trust us. For more details please refer here.
18. Getting friended by generations far younger or older than you. This should help you avoid awkward moments like this, “Oh that hot girl that keeps coming up on my news feed is your niece?” You hate to see that.
Sidenote- This generation gap also applies to our Parents and Grandparents joining Facebook. Seriously we love you, but we still have to block you from our photos.
19. Defriending former friends and flames. Time consuming and not to mention awkward.
20. Hating the addiction and how much you actually love it.